Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Refashion: XXL Coral-ness to Cute Sundress

Almost didn't pick up this bright little number, because I usually don't like pink. But as it was only $6 at the thrift store....





So anyways this dress was originally a XXL Xhilaration dress. It had 2 boning channels in the front. But  the boning was already bent. At my lowest rib it pushed out; it had already conformed to a much larger boob shape than mine. So buh-bye boning! The dress had no type of closure because the back was all shirred. And that meant when I took in the sides I didn't have to add a zipper or buttons. Yay! And I noticed when I took the sides in that the skirt had pockets. I LOVE POCKETS. I shortened the skirt and with the remnant made straps. Voila cute sundress.





2 comments:

  1. ADORABLE! One of these days I will be able to make something SMALLER when I refashion it, instead of bigger....sigh

    ReplyDelete