Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Refashion: loose shirt to fitted Caribbean tank

Got this shirt at the thrift store for $1.50. For such a great deal I couldn't pass up the funky print and the cotton/rayon mixture



Off come the sleeves!

Changed the buttons to awesome pink flowers!
Took me forever to figure out how to size the top. Each time I tried to tailor it I didn't like how it looked. Finally I got out a shirt I already had that fit me well to use as a pattern and that actually seemed to work.
Ta Da a tank top!


1 comment:

  1. THAT is absolutely the most successful way to figure out how to tailor a shirt to fit you. Using something you love as a pattern is a tried and true way to refit something you are working on. Many tutorials for outfits from scratch involve creating a pattern from something that fits you and you love. Great job!

    ReplyDelete