Sunday, November 16, 2014

80's Polka Dots to Vintage Goodness

I splurged a bit getting this $6.50 find at the thrift store. But I just could turn down the polka dots and the cut. I knew exactly what I was going to do with the dress!

Little tricky taking those before pics since the majority of buttons had already fallen off, and the rest were just hanging on by a thread.


First thing first was swap out the buttons. I found these red pretties from a vintage button shop.



Next I chopped off some length. Sorry no picture! And then I added piping everywhere. 



And I had a wonderful photographer and lots of fun taking the after pics. 











And there you have it. Thrifted dress $6.50, piping $3 and buttons $8. The shoes were a thrifted $6 and the hat was thrifted for $2.50. Whole look: $26.

Thanks for looking! Happy refashioning. 
Marisa


2 comments:

  1. Great job! It looks fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marisa!
    I LOVE it! I am going to go search for a polka dot dress to do the same!!!
    Great job! Love the pics!
    kisses from Portugal!

    ReplyDelete