Friday, December 27, 2013

Ugly 80's Dress to Cute Wrap Dress

I found this monstrosity of an 80's dress at the thrift store for $1.50. I'm not really sure why I snagged it, as it is pretty atrocious and it took me a while to figure out how to refashion it. 



So I started by removing the sleeves and the huge collar. 



Then I cinched in the sides and hacked off some length from the skirt.  With some of the extra fabric I made two 1.5'' skinny tubes. Then I seam ripped the shoulder seams apart and slid the one tube down each side of the bodice. Then I reattached and tightened the shoulder seams. Then I slid the tube over the shoulder seam to create the strappy gathered look. Voila! New wrap dress! I know it's a sundress in December but hey the temps over here in California are in the high sixties. 



I've been gone for a bit but glad to be back and refashioning!

No comments:

Post a Comment