Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Maxi Polka Dot Dress to Sweetheart Hi-Low Dress

I couldn't pass up this $5 thrifted find because it's rayon and polka dotted. 'Nuff said in my opinion. The huge amount of fabric didn't hurt either. But it was all sack shaped.



So first I cinched in the sides. Then I cut the bodice like so.


The back had some lacings that I forgot to take a pic of. I used the lacings to make the spagetti straps. 


But as I wanted a sweetheart neck line I pinched and gathered at the center. 


But then I added a little band of fabric as a pretty accent. 


Then it was time for the skirt. 

I checked out some DIY's of hi-low skirts on the interwebs and some of them said to cut the skirt in kind of an 'S' curve. I did that. Here was my first cut. I rose the front up a little higher after trying it on after my first cut. 

And here's some after shots. 



Oh almost forgot to mention. Here's my inspiration. A Forever 21 dress. 

I think I got it about right. 




No comments:

Post a Comment