Thursday, January 10, 2013

DIY Circle Skirts

I've been seeing so many short full waist skirts and I wanted my own. So I made one! It was so easy, I made two.  If you want to make your own you need a square of fabric 45"- 60". (Since I'm little and I like short skirts I used about a 45" square.) And you'll also need some elastic too. Essentially what you do is fold the square into quarters and then draft quarter circles based on your own hip and length of skirt measurements. Then you make a waistband casing for the elastic. Follow these links for more in depth instructions. 



This one even has pockets! I used this link: See Kate Sew Pockets

Circle skirts are made for twirling!

Both of these skirts are 2 layers. The top layer was transparent so an opaque skirt was made to go underneath. I used the same pattern for the under and over skirts. I'd recommend finding a fabric that isn't transparent and only making one skirt. Because otherwise hemming two skirts takes quite a chunk of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment