Friday, November 16, 2012

Refashion: Almost Too Short Coral Shift

Thrift Town is evil because they send me an email every time they are having a sale. Thrift Town is awesome because they so often have sale days to discount their already low prices! I try to only shop on sale days. So I picked up this dress in my last haul. I don't know why I seem to be drawn to this color. I've never really been a big fan of pink or orange, but I really like coral! Anyways it was $5.50 for this silk (yay, silk) floor length sack dress with a strange asymmetrical  chiffon train. Not only was the train strange, it was too long for me!




Snip snip! Oh no I realized after I finished the hem that the dress was too short! What to do? What to do? O why o why did I not measure correctly and double check my measurements?

Too Short!

 Not to worry, my mum and I put our heads together and came up with a solution. Of the piece that I cut off there was a sizable length of silk. But if I attached it to the bottom of the dress it would ruin the shape and look awkward! But the lining....


I sewed the silk remnant on to the bottom of the lining and created a second tier of the skirt. Awesome, now it's not too short! It's got some hi-low action, and it dips down in the back. Thankfully I was able to fix my refashioning mistake with a refashion!

Paired with a thrifted belt, this coral shift is now totally wearable!








2 comments:

  1. I think this turned out adorable!

    I'm visiting via Refashion Co-op where I'm also a contributor! :)

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete